How do we trigger neuroplasticity?
- High Focus
- High Alertness
- Monitor your alertness rhythm (Do you tend to be more alert in the morning or evening?)
- When trying a productivity technique, you need to evaluate if it increases your autonomic arousal level.
High Alert state
- You do not need music for focusing
- Good for performing linear implementation of work (where you already know what you are going to do)
Low Alert state
- Some music can help with increasing alertness
- Good for performing some creative brainstorming and implementation of creative ideas
- Deep Rest for 30 mins in the late afternoon (when you are feeling less alert)
- Get sunlight during the first 30 mins of the day
- Delay caffeine intake for 2 hours after waking
- Hydrates yourself after waking up and throughout the day
- Exercise early in the day can help with High alertness and activate the tendency for action.
- Avoid light exposure between 10pm to 4 am (use Dim light).
- Fasting in the morning.
- First meal at middle of day
- Eat as little carbs as possible as it makes us feel sleepy
- More protein and salad
- Evening meal
- More carbs (as it helps with sleep later)
- Some protein